The children of the Vandevert family, and other
children from the surrounding area, attended the one room school for generations. The student's desk are intact, along with
the blackboard and textbooks from the first half of the last century.
The ranch has hosted visits from today's schoolchildren, learning what
school was like before their time. Ranch owners may
reserve the schoolhouse for their own private functions.
The schoolhouse was originally built on a low
hill just north of the junction of South Century Boulevard and Spring River
Road. It was moved to its current location in 1929. The
building was restored in the early 1990's and the windows were moved from the
east wall to the west. For pictures of the fully restored interior and more information on the schoolhouse see
"Harper School" in the History section of this web site.
Copyright 2004-2010 The Vandevert Ranch Association
Neither the Association nor its members guarantees the accuracy or completeness of information or representations on this Web Site.
Buyers should obtain definitive information from their real estate agent.